Send to friend
Join the Area VIII Young Riders Program!
Are you 21 years of age or under who lives in Area VIII?
Are you competing at the Beginner Novice level and above?
Are you a current USEA member?
Then we are looking for you!
Young Riders provides educational opportunities that teach young eventers the skills they need to compete safely and effectively, as well as the techniques they must have to meet the challenges of moving to the upper levels of competition.
As a Young Rider, competition begins at Area VIII events and can lead to selection as an Area VIII team member to represent Area VIII at the 1- and 2-star North American Young Riders Championships (NAYRC) held each summer. An Overview of the Qualifying Requirements and the Selection Procedures are each attached below as pdf files. To be considered please fill out the 2013 Letter of Intent for NAYRC (form below).
The Young Rider Advancement Program (YRAP) will also select riders to field the Area VIII Young Rider Teams for the Hagyard's Mid-South Team Challenge.
The Young Rider program is about a lot more than competing. Participants experience and learn friendship, camaraderie, good sportsmanship, group fundraising, commitment, teamwork and excellent horsemanship.
When you join the Area VIII Young Riders program you receive:
- Opportunity to meet and work with other Young Riders
- Advantage of training with top riders and coaches
- Opportunity to attend Young Riders camp, clinics & seminars
- Free course walks at selected events with upper level riders
- Chance to represent Area VIII at the North American Young Riders Championships
- Opportunity to represent Area VIII YRAP at Hagyard's Mid-South Team Challenge
- Access to a supportive group dedicated to helping you succeed in the sport of Eventing
- Awards at participating events
- Shadow officials
- Mentoring Program (form/info below)
To join the USEA Area VIII Young Riders Program, simply fill out the application below, attach a check for the Young Riders dues payable to USEA Area VIII Young Riders and mail to Liz or Nanette.
AREA VIII YOUNG RIDER SUMMER CAMPS 2013!
Two Area VIII Young Rider Camps will be offered in 2013. Priority for attendance will be give to registered Young Riders. However, any additional spots will be available to non-Young Riders, both junior and adults. Complete information for each camps is available on the Registration Forms attached below.
DATES & LOCATIONS For Young Rider Camps:
South Camp: June 25-27 at Flying Cross Farm in Skylight, KY (closing date June 14)
North Camp: July 23-25 at Cobblestone Farm in Dexter, MI (closing date July 17)
REGISTER for Young Rider Camps by returning the forms & check - all attached below:
• Registration Form Complete & Signed
• Check for $150 (balance due before camp starts)
• Parent/Camper Agreement Signed (in Registration Forms)
• USEA Medical Release Form Signed
• USEA Educational Activity Participation Farm Signed
Questions? Please feel free to email us!
Liz Estes Nanette Eichell
Area VIII YR Co-Coordinator Area VIII YR Co-Coordinator
2293 Great Oak Drive 166 Green Lane
Milford MI, 48380 Georgetown, KY 40324